- © Copyright??
Technische Universität Berlin
Chair of Economics
Secr. H 47
Room H 4137 A
Straße des 17. Juni 135
Consulting times: by arrangement
Research Gate  | Google Scholar  | Twitter  | GitHub  | LinkedIn  | XING 
- Since 10/2015: Senior Consultant at IBM Germany in different areas: Watson AI and Data Platforms (currently); Big Data, Strategy and Analytics
- 01/2012–09/2015: Working student at IBM Germany, Sales and Distribution Insurance
- 06/2012–06/2013: Research
assistant at the Chair of Microeconomics from Prof. Dr. Uwe
Cantner, University of Jena.
- Since 01/2017 PhD candidate and research fellow at the chair of Innovation Economics at TU Berlin
- M.Sc. in Economics,
Specialization: "Innovation and change", University of Jena,
Masterthesis: "Mobile Telecommunications and Economic Development: Evidence from mHealth in Sub-Saharan Africa“.
- Visiting student at the Universidad de la Frontera in Chile, 2015
- B.A. in Romance Studies (Spanish),
University of Jena, Germany,
in Business Administration and Economics,
University of Jena, Germany, 2013
"The efficiency of Demand Pull and Technology Push policies penetrating the German photovoltaic industry: A patent data analysis from 1978–2010".
- Visiting student at the University of Jyväskylä in Finland, 2011
- (Digital) Innovation and ICTs in developing regions, Leapfrogging
- Technology policies in the sphere of renewable energies and digitization
- The Economics of Digitization: Shareeconomy, Internet of Things, Blockchain, Cloud Computing and platform-based innovation and its influence on economy, society and innovation system.
For Master-/Bachelortheses click here .
- Digital Innovation Summer 2017, Winter 2017/18, Summer 2018, Summer 2019, Summer 2020
- Sustainable Innovation: Winter 2018/19, Winter 2019/20, Winter 2020/21
- Seminar Knowledge and Technology Transfer: Summer 2020
- Seminar Data-Driven Business Opportunities: Winter 2017/18
- Preikschat K, Böhmecke-Schwafert M, Buchwald J-P, Stickel C. Trusted systems of records based on Blockchain technology - a prototype for mileage storing in the automotive industry.  Concurrency Computat Pract Exper. 2020;e5630. doi.org/10.1002/cpe.5630 
- Böhmecke-Schwafert, M., Niebel, C. (2018): The General Data Protection's (GDPR) impact on data-driven business models: The case of the right to data portability and Facebook , ITU Journal: ICT Discoveries, Vol. 1, Issue 2.
- Wurster, S.,
Böhmecke-Schwafert, M., Hofmann, F., Blind, K. (2018): Born
Global Market Dominators and Implications for the Blockchain
Avantgarde , In:
Global Standardization Initiatives in Contemporary Society, 2018,
- Hofmann, F., Wurster, S., Ron, E., Böhmecke-Schwafert, M. (2017): The Immutability Concept of Blockchains and Benefits of Early Standardization In: ITU Kaleidoscope: Challenges for a data-driven society (ITU WT), 2017, pp. 185-192. https://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-t/opb/proc/T-PROC-KALEI-2017-PDF-E.pdf