Luana Ladu, M.Sc.
- © TU Berlin
Technische Universität Berlin
Chair of Economics
Secr. H 47
Room H 4139 A
Straße des 17. Juni 135
Consulting times: by arrangement
- BioTOP  (Transformationsorientierte Innovationspolitik in der Bioökonomie)
- Open-Bio : Opening bio-based markets via standards, labelling and procurement
- STAR4BBI : Standards and regulations for the Bio-based Industry
- STAR-Pro-Bio : Sustainability Transition Assessment and Research of Bio-based Products
- Bio-based economy: standardization, labelling, public procurement and market uptake of bio-based products.
- Sustainability Assessment schemes (e.g. EU Ecolabel)
- Foresight methodologies
- ICT for development
- Education and Vocational Training
- Research fellow at the chair of innovation economics, TU Berlin, since April 2015
- Master of Science in Economics,
Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador,
- Master’s thesis: "Economic impact of the new EU energy policy on the Brazilian ethanol industry"
- Magister in Economics and Business Administration, Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Milan, 2003
- Exchange program with Bocconi University, University Torquato di Tella, Buenos Aires, 2001
- Currently TU Berlin
- From 2010 until April 2015 project manager at ABUplus International GmbH, Berlin, Germany
- From 2009 until 2010 Consultant for International Cooperation at Unione Barbagia dei Comuni (Union of 8 Sardinian Municipalities), Nuoro, Italy
- From 2004 until 2007 Consultant for the ICT for Development Division at Inter American Development Bank, Washington, DC, United States
- Ladu, L., Imbert, E., Quitzow, R.,
& Morone, P. (2019)
The role of the policy mix in the transition toward a circular forest bioeconomy. Forest Policy and Economics, 101937.
- Ladu, L., Janire, C.
Regulatory and Standardization needs in bio-based industries.  Report within the STAR4BBI Project.
- H. Bos, M.van den Oever, L. Dammer, T. Babayan,
L. Ladu, J. Clavell, M. Vrins (2019).
Market entry barriers report.  STAR4BBI Report.
- L. Ladu, S. Wurster, J.
Clavell, S. van Iersel, S. Ugarte, M. Voogt, P. Falcone, E. Imbert, V.
Tartiu, P. Morone , M. Crêpy, D. Fedrigo. (2019).
Acceptance factors among consumers and businesses for biobased sustainability schemes.  Report of the Star-ProBio project.
Ladu, S. Wurster, D. Briassoulis, C. Briassoulis. (2019).
Recommendations for Standards and criteria for eco-labels for bio-based products.  Report of Star-ProBio.
- Imbert, E., Ladu, L., Tani, A., Morone, P.
The transition towards a bio-based economy: A comparative study based on social network analysis. 
Journal on Environmental Management 2019, Vol. 230, 255-265.
S., Wurster, S., Moosmann, D., Ladu, L., Sumfleth, B., Thrän, D.
Gaps and Research Demand for Sustainability Certification and Standardisation in a Sustanable Bio-Based Economy in the EU. 
Sustainability 2018, 10(7), 2455.
- Lokesh, K., Ladu, L., & Summerton, L. (2018). Bridging the Gaps for a ‘Circular’Bioeconomy: Selection Criteria, Bio-Based Value Chain and Stakeholder Mapping.  Sustainability, 10(6), 1695.
- Imbert, E., Ladu, L., Morone, P., Quitzow, R. (2017). Comparing policy strategies for a transition to a bioeconomy in Europe: the case of Italy and Germany.  Energy Research & Social Science, 33, 70-81.
- Ladu, L., & Blind, K. (2017). Overview of policies, standards and certifications supporting the European bio-based economy.  Current Opinion in Green and Sustainable Chemistry, 8, 30-35.
- Ladu, L., & Quitzow, R. (2017). Bio-Based Economy: Policy Framework and Foresight Thinking.  Morone, F. Papendiek and V.E. Tartiu (eds.), Food Waste Reduction and Valorisation (pp. 167-195). Springer International Publishing.