- © Privat
Technische Universität Berlin
Chair of Economics
Secr. H 47
Room H 4138 A
Straße des 17. Juni 135
Consulting times: by arrangement
My research interests are a mixture of development, innovation and industrial economics. More specifically, I am interested in analysing existing export structures of developing and emerging economies as well as the impact of public policies on export diversification and innovation (e.g. through (quasi-) experimental methods). In this regard, the concept of Economic Complexity is of particular interest to my research.
- MSc. International Political Economy, London School of Economics & Political Science, 2016-2017 (Dual Degree with SciencesPo Paris); Dissertation: Local Content Requirements in Renewable Energies and Extractive Industries - The Case of Brazil
- MSc. International Economic Policy, SciencesPo Paris, 2015-2016 (Dual Degree with LSE)
- BSc. International Business Administration, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, 2011-2014
- Visiting Student at Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV-EAESP), São Paulo, Brazil, 2013
- 06/2021-present: Consultant, OECD SME Policy Index 2022 (Chapter on Technical Regulations and Standards)
- 11/2017-09/2020: Project Manager for Water & Sanitation Projects, East Africa Department, KfW Development Bank, Frankfurt am Main.
- 06/2016-08/2016: Intern at Advans International (Microfinance Institution), Paris, France.
- 03/2015-06/2015: Intern at KfW Country Brazil, Brasilia, D.F.
- 08/2014-01/2015: Intern at Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft, Cologne.
- The impact of local content requirements on the development of export competitiveness in solar and wind technologies. Joint research with Benedict Probst (ETH Zürich, University of Cambridge)
- The impact of public auction on innovation in the Indian solar industry. Joint research with Florian Münch (TU Berlin)
- Cultivating micro-multinationals: a randomized controlled trial to help SME export via e-commerce. Joint work with Amira Bouziri (Mediterranean School of Business Tunis), Florian Münch (TU Berlin) and Teo Firpo (HU Berlin) in Tunisia
- Stronger together: a randomized controlled trial to help female-led SMEs export to sub-Saharan Africa. Joint work with Amira Bouziri (Mediterranean School of Business Tunis), Florian Münch (TU Berlin) and Teo Firpo (HU Berlin) in Tunisia
- IGB SBG Evidence Fund  for "Stronger together: a randomized controlled trial to help female-led SMEs export to sub-Saharan Africa"
- GIZ funding for impact evaluations of two interventions as part of the second phase of the PEMA-project  (Promotion of export activities to new markets in Sub-Saharan Africa)