Dr. Anne Rainville
- © TU Berlin
Technische Universität Berlin
Chair of Innovation Economics
Secr. MAR 2 - 5
Room: MAR 2.036
Consulting times: by arrangement
- M.A. Communications Studies, Energy and Environmental Systems Specialization, University of Calgary, 2013
- Empirical Master’s thesis topic: Pursuing Credibility Through Standardization: The Potential For Canadian Product Category Rules to Enhance the Comparability of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Claims of Alberta’s Oil Sands 
- B.Sc. (Honours) Science, Technology, and Society, University of Calgary, 2011
- Empirical Honour’s thesis: Aligning Priorities: Analyzing the Political Separation of Research and Development and Sustainable Development in Canada 
- Since July 2014: Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate at the Chair of Innovation Economics at TU Berlin
- Physical Scientist Planning Analyst in the Innovation and Energy Technology Sector, Natural Resources Canada, Devon, 2013-2014
- Consultant for Alberta Innovate’s Nanotechnology Roadmap and TransAlta’s Carbon Capture and Storage Project Final Report, Calgary, 2011-2012
- Internship as Research Analyst at Science-Metrix Inc., Montreal, 2011
- Lab Manager and Research Assistant at Prion Disease and Social Research Lab, University of Calgary, 2007-2011
Field of Study and Activity
- Forecasting and innovation strategies to support climate change mitigation
- Research and technology evaluation and gap analysis
- Consensus processes and credibility in standard development
- Economic incentives of compliance options under policy uncertainty
- Rainville, A.; Hawkins, R.; Bergerson, J.
Building consensus in life cycle assessment: the potential for a Canadian product category rules standard to enhance credibility in greenhouse gas emissions estimates for Alberta's oil sands 
in: Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 103, pp. 525-533, ISSN 0959-6526, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.06.067
- Rainville, A. (2013). Building consensus in life cycle assessment. Paper presented at European Academy for Standardization 2013 in Brussels, Belgium; Published in European Academy for Standardization Proceedings 2013, K. Jacobs et al. (Eds.), pp .311-324.
- Rainville, A. (2012). Incentivizing Carbon Capture and Storage in Alberta's Specified Gas Emitters Regulation.  Paper presented at 2012 Western Energy Research Policy Conference in Boise, United States.
- Rainville, A., E. Swerdfeger, J. Smart, A. Smart. (2010). Economic Diversification Options as Coping Strategies for Prion Challenges on Canadian Family Farms.  Poster presented at PrPCanada 2010 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Science Technology and Society 325, F2011, University of Calgary
- Communications Studies 201, W2012, University of Calgary