Inhalt des Dokuments
Prof. Dr. rer.pol. Knut Blind
Technische Universität Berlin
Chair of Innovation Economics
Secr. MAR 2 - 5
Room: MAR 2.005
Consulting times: by prior agreement
- Since September 2015 senior fellow at the Berlin Centre for Consumer Policies (BCCP)
- Since March 2013 member of the faculty of the Berlin Doctoral Program in Economics and Management Science
- On April 1, 2010, Prof. Dr. Knut Blind changed to the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOKUS) and is now responsible for innovation and technology transfer there.
- Since 2009 Visiting Professor at College of Europe
- Between 2008 and 2016 he held the Endowed Chair in Standardisation at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam, where he was responsible for standardisation research.
- Since April 2006 Professor for Innovation Economics at the Technical University Berlin in the Faculty of Economics and Management.
- In 2003 habilitation thesis in the faculty of economics at Kassel University.
- In 1995 he obtained his doctoral degree, Dr. rer. pol. and was awarded the F. A. v. Hayek Prize of the Economic Faculty of the University of Freiburg.
- Between 1992 an 1995 he was a research assistant at the Institute for Public Finances of the University of Freiburg and lecturer at the Berufsakademie and Verwaltungs- und Wirtschaftsakademie.
- Diploma in economics awarded by the Faculty of Economics of the University of Freiburg in 1995.
- Studies of economics, political science and psychology at the University of Freiburg; one year studies at Brock University (Canada) completion of a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Field of Study and Activity
- Innovation incl. service, public and social innovation
- Intellectual property rights
- Technical change
- Technology foresight (Delphi method, scenario analysis)
- Science and technology indicators
Committee Memberships (Selection)
- Since October 2015 member of the Editorial Advisory Board from Industry and Innovation
- Vice-Chair of the International Cooperation for Education about Standardization
- Since June 2015 member of the scientific advisory council of the Competence Centre for Bibliometrics
- Since 2014 member of the IEEE-SA Europe Advisory Group
- Since 2013 advisor of Strategic Standards Management at Northwestern University
- Between 2013 and 2014 member of Working Group “Instruments” supporting the High Level Group on business services
- Since 2011 associate Editor of "The International Journal of IT Standards & Standardization Research"
- Between 2009 and 2010 member of the Expert Panel for the Review of the Standardisation (EXPRESS)
The EXPRESS Report has been published! More Infos!
- Since 2008 chairman of CEN-CENELEC STAIR
- Between 2008 and 2010 member of the Expert Advisory Group of the OECD Innovation Strategy
- Since 2007 member of the Board of the Technical Committee "Basics of Standardisation Work" within DIN
- Since 2007 member of the Editorial Review Board - IEEE Transactions On Engineering Management
- Since 2006 member of the Committee on Research, Innovation and Development within DIN (German Institute for Standardization)
- Since 2003 member of the Committee for Industrial Economics of the association for social policy
- Associate Editor of International Journal of Intellectual Property Management
- Wachsen, E., & Blind, K. (2016).
More labour market flexibility for more innovation? Evidence from employer–employee linked micro data.
in: Research Policy, 45(5), 941-950.
- Wakke, P., Blind, K., & Ramel, F. (2016).
The impact of participation within formal standardization on firm performance. (PDF, 508,0 KB)
in: Journal of Productivity Analysis, 1–14.
- Blind, K., Mangelsdorf, A. (in press).
Motives to standardize: Empirical evidence from Germany. (PDF, 492,2 KB)
- Manders, B., de Vries, H.J., Blind, K. (in press). ISO 9001 and product innovation: A literature review and research framework.
- Neuhäusler, P.; Schubert, T.; Frietsch R. & Blind K. (2015):
Managing portfolio risk in strategic technology management: evidence from a panel data-set of the world's largest R&D performers
in: Economics of Innovation and New Technology, DOI: 10.1080/10438599.2015.1109780
- Veer, T.; Berger, F.; Blind, K. (2015):
The impact of product piracy on corporate IP strategy
in: R&D Management, DOI: 10.1111/radm.12149
- Pohlmann, T.; Neuhäusler, P.; Blind, K. (2015):
Standard essential patents to boost financial returns
in: R&D Management, John Wiley & Sons Ltd and RADMA; DOI:10.1111/radm.12137
- Wakke, P.; Blind, K.; De Vries, H.J. (2015):
Driving factors for service providers to participate in standardization: Insights from the Netherlands
in: Industry and Innovation, Volume 22, Issue 4, 2015, pages 299-320, DOI: 10.1080/13662716.2015.1049865
- Zi, A.; Blind, K. (2015):
Researchers’ participation in standardisation: a case study from a public research institute in Germany
The Journal of Technology Transfer, forthcoming, DOI: 10.1007/s10961-014-9370-y
- Gauch, S.; Blind, K. (2015):
Technological convergence and the absorptive capacity of standardisation
in: Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Volume 91, February 2015, pp 236–249
- Blind, K. (2013): Der Einfluss von Wettbewerbsregulierung auf Innovation, in: Wirtschaftspolitische Blätter 4/2013, S. 703-715
- Alliance Formation of SMEs: Empirical Evidence from Standardization Committees by Blind, K.; Mangelsdorf, A., in: IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 60 (1) (2013), pp. 148-156.
- Emerging coordination mechanisms for multi-party IPR holders: linking research with standardization by Iversen, E.; Bekkers, R.; Blind, K.; in: Industrial and Corporate Change 21 (4) 2012, pp. 901-931.
- Evaluating the demand side: New challenges for evaluation by Edler, J.; Georghiou, L.; Uyarra, E.; Blind, K.; in: Research Evaluation 2012, pp.1-15.
- Risk Factors and Mechanisms of Technology and Insignia Copying - A First Empirical Approach by Berger, F.; Blind, K.; Cuntz, A. in: Research Policy 41 (2012) S. 376– 390
- The Influence of Regulations on Innovation: A Quantitative Assessment for OECD Countries by Blind, K. in: Research Policy 41 (2012) S. 391– 400
- Filing behaviour regarding essential patents in industry standards by Berger, F.; Blind, K.; Thumm, N., in; Research Policy Vol. 41 2012, pp.216– 225.
- The Impact of Regulation on Innovation - Compendium of Evidence on the Effectiveness of Innovation Policy Intervention von Blind, K. (2012)
- Identification of future fields of standardisation - An explorative application of the Delphi methodology by Goluchowicz, Kerstin; Blind Knut, in: Technological Forecasting & Social Change 78 (2011) pp. 1526–1541.
- An Economic Analysis of Standards Competition - The Example of the ISO ODF and OOXML Standards, in: Telecommunications Policy 2011, 35, pp. 373-381.
- Revenue creation: business models for product-related services in international markets – the case of Zwick GmbH & Co. KG with Zähringer, D.; Niederberger, J.; Schletz, A., in: The Service Industries Journal 2011, 31(4), pp. 629–641.
- Putting Innovation at the Centre of Europe - Suggestions for a European Innovation Strategy with Georghiou, L., in: intereconomics 45 (5) 2010, S. 264-269.
- The Use of the Regulatory Framework for Innovation Policy, in: The Theory and Practice of Innovation Policy: An International Research Handbook, edited by Smits, Ruud E.; Kuhlmann, Stefan; Shapira, Philip, Edward Elgar Publishing 2010, pp. 217-246.
- Strategic Alliance Formation Motives in Formal Standardization - Empirical Evidence from Germany with Mangelsdorf, A., in: EURAS Proceedings 2010, 15th EURAS Annual Standardisation Conference; Jean-Christophe Graz and Kai Jakobs (Eds); Verlagshaus Mainz GmbH Aachen, pp. 259-271.
- Knowledge regimes and intellectual property protection in services: a conceptual model and empirical testing with Evangelista, R. and Howells, J. in: The Handbook of Innovation and Services: A Multi-disciplinary Perspective, published by Gallouj, Faiz; Djellal, Faridah, Edward Elgar Publishing 2010, pp. 342-363.
- The Role of Standards for Trade in Services: Hypotheses and First Insight, in: The Handbook of Innovation and Services: A Multi-disciplinary Perspective, published by Gallouj, Faiz; Djellal, Faridah; Edward Elgar Publishing 2010, pp. 527-544.
- How stakeholders assess the impacts of ICT standards with Gauch S. and Hawkins, R. in: Telecommunications Policy 2010, 34 (3), pp. 162-174.
- The influence of strategic patenting on companies' patent portfolios with Cremers, K. and Mueller, E., in: Research Policy 2009, 38 (2), pp. 428-436.
- Research and Standardisation in Nanotechnology: Evidence from Germany with Gauch, S. in: Journal of Technology Transfer 34 (3), June 2009, pp. 320-342.
- Trends in ICT Standards: The relationship between European standardisation bodies and standards consortia with Gauch, S.. in: Telecommunication Policy 2008, 32 (7), pp. 503-513.
- The Dynamics of Standards edited by Egyedi, T. and Blind, K., Edward Elgar Publishing 2008.
- Impact of patents and standards on macroeconomic growth: a panel approach covering four countries and 12 sectors with Jungmittag, A. in: Journal of Productivity Analysis 2008, (1), pp. 51-60.
- Motives to patent: Empirical evidence from Germany with Edler, J., Frietsch, R., Schmoch, U, in: Research Policy 2006, 35, pp. 655-672.
- A Taxonomy of Standards in the Service Sector: Theoretical Discussion and Empirical Test. in: The Service Industries Journal 2006, 26(4), pp. 397-420.
- Explanatory Factors for Participation in Formal Standardisation Processes: Empirical Evidence at Firm Level, in: Economics of Innovation and New Technology 2006, 15(2), pp. 157-170.
- Software Patents Economic Impacts and Policy Implications with Friedewald, M. and Edler, J., Edward Elgar Publishing 2006.
- Trade and the impact of innovations and standards: The case of Germany and the UK with Jungmittag, A., in: Applied Economics, 2005, 37, pp. 1385-1398.
- The Economics of Standards . (Chinese version) Theory, Evidence, Policy Cheltenham 2004 (Edgar Elgar), ISBN 1-84376-793-7 Pick It! , google.books.
- Foreign Direct Investment, Imports and Innovations in the Service Industry with Jungmittag A., in: Review of Industrial Organization 2004, 25(2), pp. 205-227.
- Interrelation between Patenting and Standardization Strategies. Empirical Evidence and Policy Implications with Thumm, N., in: Research Policy 2004, 33, Nr. 10, pp. 1583-1598.
- Idiosyncrasies of the Software Development Process and Their Relation to Software Patents: Theoretical Considerations and Empirical Evidence, in: Netnomics 5 (1): 71-96, May 2003.
- Software-Patente, eine empirische Analyse aus ökonomischer und juristischer Perspektive with Edler, J., Nack, R., Straus, J. Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg 2003.
- Driving forces for standardization at standardization development organizations, in: Applied Economics 2002, 34, pp. 1985 - 1998.